OK Sales Tax Claim for Credit or Refund
Authored By: Oklahoma Tax Commission
Claim for Refund or Credit of Oklahoma State Sales Taxes
You (or your spouse) may be able to take the Sales Tax Relief or Credit if:
- you were a resident of Oklahoma for the entire year;
- your total gross household income is $20,000 or less, OR,
your total gross household income was $50,000 or less AND at least one of the following applies:
- You can claim an exemption for your dependent
- You and/or your spouse are 65 years of age or older by December 31 of the previous year
- You have a physical disability constituting handicap to employment
A person convicted of a felony and who is an inmate in the custody of the Department of Corrections for any portion of the year is not eligible to file a claim for the sales tax relief.
• Individuals living in Oklahoma under a visa do not qualify for the sales tax relief.
• If a taxpayer or spouse died during the tax year, he/she will not qualify for the sales tax credit.