Assistive Technology

Know the Law

  • ADA Information for People with Disabilities Seeking Employment

    A pamphlet for people with disabilities explaining employment sections of the Americans with Disabilities Act and how to file a complaint with the EEOC. Content Detail

    Department of Justice
  • Disability Rights Laws

    An overview of the federal laws that protect the rights of people with disabilities. Includes contact information for federal agencies that can give more information. Read More

    US Department of Justice
    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • FAQ Rehabilitation Act of 1973

    Frequently Asked Questions on Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is a national law that protects qualified individuals from discrimination based on their disability. The nondiscrimination requirements of the law apply to employers and organizations that receive financial assistance from any Federal department or agency, including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). These organizations and employers include many hospitals, nursing homes, mental health centers and human service programs. Content Detail

    US Department of Health & Human Services
  • File a Complaint under the Architectural Barriers Act

    A link to an online form or a printable form for making a complaint about difficulties accessing public property. You may make a confidential report. Content Detail

    Access Board, Office of Compliance and Enforcement
  • Hearing Aids!

    The United Way Hearing Aid Bank assists low income adults in obtaining new digital hearing aids at a reduced price. More info? Call 405-271-2866 Content Detail

    University of Oklahoma
  • Special Education Resolution Center (SERC)

    The Special Education Resolution Center (SERC) offers innovative programs that assist school districts and parents in settling disputes regarding the Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) of students with disabilities. This program provides support at no cost through a partnership with the Oklahoma State Department of Education. Content Detail

    Oklahoma ABLE Tech
  • Video Relay Services - Access by Telephone for Individual with Hearing Loss

    A Video Relay Service (VRS) is a telecommunication service that allows deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired individuals to communicate over the phone with hearing people in real-time, using a sign language interpreter. In America, the service is regulated by the FCC. Learn more about the program. Read More

    Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc.

Looking for a LiveHelp operator...