Know the Law

child's drawingThis section has information about Divorce in Oklahoma.

  • General Appearance and Waiver of Summons

    This form is used in what's commonly called an uncontested or waiver or default divorce action. Generally used for one spouse to respond to the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage by entering an appearance, signing the Agreed Decree of Divorce and waiving all further notices from the court. CAREFULLY read and only sign this form on page 2 if you agree with all of the statements you are making and have signed the Agreed Decree of Divorce. CAREFULLY read and only sign page 4 IF you want to Waive the terms of the Automatic Temporary Injunction. You do NOT have to sign this form and give up any of your rights. PLEASE speak with a lawyer about the effect of signing both of these waivers of your rights. Read More

    Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc.
  • Grounds for Involuntary Termination of Parental Rights

    Termination may be voluntary or involuntary. Birth parents who wish to place their children for adoption may voluntarily relinquish their rights.When addressing whether parental rights should be terminated involuntarily, most States require that a court determine is unfit and severing the parent-child relationship is in the child’s best interests. Read More

    Children's Bureau

Looking for a LiveHelp operator...