Self Help Forms

Self-Help Forms from Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma & Other Sources

If you are low-income or are a Senior, 60 or older, you can call Legal Aid at  888-534-5243. Phones are answered Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon & 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Legal issues can be confusing and overwhelming, especially if you don't have a lawyer. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you can prepare legal documents and represent yourself in court. Every case is different. Be sure to talk to a lawyer about your case.

 Consumer and Debt

Stop or Lower a Garnishment

If your paycheck or bank account are garnished and you are on social security or have limited income, you may be able to get help.

Read the information about who qualifies for a garnishment exemption very carefully.  You have to file a Request for Hearing with the court.

This interactive interview will help you create the court forms and information you need to file your Request for Hearing. Don't wait, this Request for Hearing must be filed with 5 days of your Notice of Garnishment.  You can request a hearing after that, but you may have to pay a filing fee.


 Disaster Recovery - FEMA Appeals

 FEMA Appeals  [en Espanol]

Learn about FEMA Appeals, then create a letter for you to send to FEMA. Appealing your claim and requesting your FEMA file. After you respond to the questions in this interactive interview, the program will use your answers to create a letter to request your file and to appeal your FEMA denial.

[back to top]


 Family Law

Request to Enforce Non-Custodial Parent Visitation

Create court forms to ask the court to enforce your visitation rights if you are the non-custodial parent.

Adult Name Change Forms

Forms and instructions to draft and file paperwork to legally change the name of an adult. 

[back to top]



When A Joint Tenant Dies

Create an Affidavit to transfer title to land in Oklahoma after one joint tenant dies. It can only be used if the land was owned by two people as Joint Tenants with the Right of Survivorship, or if both owners were Life Tenants.

Tenant Letters to Landlords

Are you a renter expereincing issues with your landlord? These letters can help you let your landlord know there is a problem or tell them important information. 

[back to top]


 Internet Fraud

Writing Identity Theft Letters

Create letters to sent to your creditors, debt collectors and credit bureaus when your identity has been stolen.

[back to top]


 Relationship Abuse and Domestic Violence

Order of Protection Against Domestic Violence

Find the court forms to ask the court to order someone to stop stalking, harassing or abusing you.

Need help right away?

Please find the Safety Center near you or call the Oklahoma Hotline at 800-522-7233

[back to top]



When A Joint Tenant Dies

Create an Affidavit to transfer title to land in Oklahoma after one joint tenant dies. It can only be used if the land was owned by two people as Joint Tenants with the Right of Survivorship, or if both owners were Life Tenants.

[back to top]


 Veterans and Military

Legal Needs Check-Up Tool (Stateside Legal)

Use this to find out more about your legal problems and where to find more information and help.

Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Screening and Resource Finder (Stateside Legal)

An interactive tool to find out if you may qualify for help under the SCRA and direct you to resources for help.

Auto Lease Termination  (Stateside Legal)

Create a letter to give written notice to the person or company you leased a vehicle from before you were called to active duty.

Cell Phone Service Contract Termination  (Stateside Legal)

Create a letter to terminate or suspend your cell phone contract without penalty.

[back to top]


About this Resource

This document is a collection of Legal Aid's self-help automated forms and some from other similar resources.

Before using any of these forms, you should:

  • learn as much as you can about the subject area you are interested in;
  • be sure you are using the forms in the correct way;
  • meet with a lawyer to talk about your case and your situation.


When you agree to the terms of use, you agree that you are a self-represented user or that you are a lawyer assisting a client without charging any fees.

[back to top]


Information and Instructions

What is this program?

  • This program uses interviews to collect information from you and then create or asssemble court forms, instructions and letters based on your answers.
  • Oklahoma does not have many "official" court forms, but some forms are set out by law.

How does this work?

  • When you click on the link to start an interview, you will be taken to a new web site that will ask you to accept the terms of use.
  • Not all fields are required, but those that are required are in red, and you should answer as much information as you can.
  • When you are finished, you will get an electronic file of the forms with the information you provided. This file can be opened using Microsoft Word or other word processors. You can save this electronic copy and type in more information later, or print and add information by hand or email the form.
  • This program does not file these forms with any court for you; it only automates the forms for you to read, edit and file with the court or mail the letters to the recipient.

What kind of computer and software do I need?

It is best to use our forms with a computer or laptop with Windows on it. We currently do not support tablet or smartphone use. Your laptop or computer should be running the following browsers and browser versions:

  • Chrome version 27 and later
  • Firefox version 21 and later
  • IE 8 and later
  • Safari version 7 and later (Please note, to use Safari for LHI interviews you need to change a setting in your preferences by taking the following steps: Open Safari> Choose “Preferences”, then select “Advanced”; next deselect Stop plug-ins to save power)

Your browser must accept cookies and not block pop ups.

In order to edit and print assembled word processor documents, you need to have Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, or some other program that can handle RTF or docx files. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download Microsoft Viewer for free to view, print, and copy Word documents created on LHI.

In order to view and print assembled PDF forms, you need to have a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download from Adobe.

Can I save my answers in case I need to get more information or continue working on this

  • Before you begin the interview, you will be given the chance to create an account to save your progress and answers. Click on the "Sign Up to Save Your Work" button before you begin. You should do this if you don’t think you’ll have enough time to finish the interview, or if you aren’t sure you have all the paperwork or information you will need.
  • If you do not create an account and save your work, you will have to start from the beginning if you find an error or want to come back later.
  • Your saved answers are kept private. You can use your saved answers to fill in more than one form to save you time. If you save your answers, you can delete them once you have all the forms you need.
  • If you cannot print from the computer you are working on, you can save your answers and log in on another computer so you do not need to start from the beginning.  At the end of the interview, you maychose to email your document.
  • When you return to the interview and load your saved answers, you can jump back to any point of the interview.

[back to top]

Back to top