Free Tax Services Available Through Military OneSource
Authored By: Military OneSource
Military OneSource tax preparation and filing software walks you through a series of questions to help you complete your tax return.
This self-paced tax software allows you to:
- Complete and electronically file your federal and up to three state tax forms
- Check your electronic filing status
- Rest easy knowing the tax software vendor is by your side if you get audited
- Get 100 percent accurate calculations or the tax software vendor will reimburse you up to $10,000. Terms and conditions apply.
This online software product is easy to use, and free technical assistance is available if you need it. For technical assistance, such as login issues, using the software, printing returns, etc., call 855-897-8639 and follow the prompts. If you have any personal tax-related questions, call 800-342-9647 to speak with a Military OneSource tax consultant. Remember, these consultations are free.
How to get help
If you reside in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, United States Virgin Islands, Guam or Saipan call 800-342-9647 to speak to a trained tax consultant. To receive tax services in Spanish, call 800-342-9647, and a third-party translator will facilitate the call. If you're hearing impaired and require a telecommunications device, call 866-607-6794.
All services are free to eligible service members and their families.
Who is eligible for help
The following individuals are eligible to receive Military OneSource tax services:
- All active-duty service members of the United States Army, United States Marine Corps, United States Navy and United States Air Force
- Members of the National Guard and of the reserve — regardless of activation status — including members of the Coast Guard activated as part of the Department of the Navy under Title 10 authority
- Service members who retired (includes medically retired individuals) and discharged honorably (includes general under honorable conditions) are eligible until 180 days past their retirement date, end of tour of service or discharge date
- Spouses and dependent children of the eligible service members and those who are authorized in Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System
- A family member who is taking care of the affairs of an eligible service member when the service member is deployed
- A severely injured service member of one of the services noted above or a designated family member of a severely injured member who is incapable of handling his or her own affairs
- Eligible survivors of active-duty, National Guard and reserve deceased service members regardless of conflict or activation status
- Members of the Department of Defense civilian expeditionary workforce when deployed (as defined by Department of Defense Directive 1404.10) during the 90 days prior to deployment and 180 days post deployment
Oklahoma Volunteer sites:
Address:OSJA 4700 Mow-Way Road, Suite 400
Ft. Sill, OK 73503 Phone Number: 580-442-3207
Altus AFB FSA 308 N. First Street, Suite 1701 Altus AFB, OK 73523-5316
Phone Number: 580-481-7294
or check for other states here: