I am being evicted! What can i do?
Authored By: Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc.
If you are being evicted, there are things you can do! First, go to court! Second, do not miss your court date - GO TO COURT! Tell your story to the judge.
If your case is in Tulsa County, Legal Aid has free lawyers to help low income people facing eviction. Bring information (evidence) about your case to show the judge.
- All notices you got about the eviction
- The summons that told you the court date
- A copy of the lease or rental agreement
- Print any communication from the landlord (texts, emails)
- Print pictures of living conditions
- Your record of payments or proof you paid the rent
- Receipts for rent or repairs
- Witnesses you want to judge to hear about:
- Paying your rent
- Poor living conditions
- Repairs you made
- Anything else you want the judge to hear
Be on time for court!
- Get there early! You need extra time to park and go through security
- Get a babysitter or friend to keep your children
- Print text messages or emails to give to the judge
For more Landlord & Tenant Problem Resources https://oklaw.org/issues/housing/landlord-and-tenant-problems