IRS Disaster Related Info, Forms & Publications
by: Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc.
IRS has these resources to help you after a disaster:
- IRS Disaster Assistance Hotline at 1-866-562-5227 (Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time).
- FAQ's for Disaster Victims
- IRS Publication 2194, Disaster Resource Guide for Individuals and Businesses
- IRS Publication 584, Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook – This can help individuals make a list of stolen or damaged personal-use property and figure the loss. It has a room-by-room listing to help recreate an inventory and figure the loss on the one’s home and its contents and one’s motor vehicles.
IRS Publication 584-B, Business Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook – This is available to help businesses list stolen or damaged business or income-producing property and to figure the loss.
IRS Disaster Related Forms and Publications
- Publication 2194 for more forms and publications
- Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts
- Form 8822, Change of Address
- Form 8822-B, Change of Address - Business
- Publication 536, Net Operating Losses (NOLs) for Individuals, Estates, and Trusts
- Publication 547, Casualties, Disasters, and Thefts
- Publication 551, Basis of Assets
- Publication 584, Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook
- Publication 584-B, Business Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook