Request to Enforce Parent Visitation - Prepare court forms

Request to Enforce Parent Visitation - Prepare court forms

If a court gave you visitation rights, but the other parent often interferes with or refuses your visits, you can ask the court for help.

The court can make an order to enforce visitation to make the other parent obey the visitation order.

To ask the court to enforce your order, you must:

  • Fill out a few court forms,
  • Go to a court hearing, and
  • Give proof of your situation to a judge.

We will help you! We can:

  • Prepare and print (or email you) the forms you need for your case,
  • Tell you what to do with your forms, and
  • Give you other information about how to get ready for court.

This program is free. You may not use this program for commercial use. Charging to use it is against the law.

Important! This program is not a lawyer, and we cannot give you legal advice.

To get legal advice, check:

Let's start

You can only use this program if you are the parent of the child/ren listed on the Visitation Order, and:

  • The child/ren are under 18 and not in foster care,
  • The Visitation Order is from an Oklahoma Court,
  • You will ask the same court that made your Visitation Order to help you with that order now, and
  • Only you and the other parent are listed on the Visitation Order.


If any of these things is NOT true, please talk to a lawyer. We cannot help you.

Why can’t I file my Request in any Oklahoma District Court?
This program can only help if you are asking the same Oklahoma District Court that made the Visitation Order to help enforce it.

That’s because it is very complicated to move a case from one county to another.

We cannot help you if your Visitation Order is from another state.

What happens at the court hearing?
When you go to court, you will have to show proof that the other parent often interfered with or refused to allow your visits.
Proof includes:

  • You explain how the other parent interferes with or refuses your visitation time,
  • A witness says what s/he saw or heard about your visitation time, or
  • You show emails, notes, or other proof of the visitation problems.

If the judge agrees with you, the court can:

  • Make the other parent lose a bond or pay a fine if she does not follow the visitation order,
  • Give you extra time to make up for lost visitation, or
  • Change the current custody or visitation order.

Depending on the facts of your case, the Court may make other orders, too, such as:

  • Make the other parent – or both of you – go to counseling to learn how this problem affects your children
  • Make the other parent – or you – pay for legal fees, mediation, and court costs for this action.
  • Order supervised visitation.

To get legal advice, you can:

Do you want to ask the court to enforce your visitation order?  If yes, the arrow to Continue.

icon: continueContinue

Click the arrow if you are ready to continue.

Back to top