OK State Property Tax Credit or Refund

Authored By: Oklahoma Tax Commission



OK State Claim for Credit or Refund of Property Tax

Many low income Oklahomans will be eligible to recieve a Property Tax Refund or Credit


You may be eligible to receive a Property Tax Credit for Oklahoma, if:

  • If your gross household income from all sources (except gifts) is $12,000, or less,  AND,
  • You are at least 65 years of age OR totally disabled, AND
  • You must have paid your property taxes in full to the county, AND
  • Attach a copy of your receipt to the 538-H form


You must file a form 538-H with the Tax Commission to claim the credit or ask for a refund.

Even if you do not file an income tax return, you can still file this form and ask for a refund.

Last Review and Update: Mar 24, 2015
Back to top