OKDHS Online (SNAP or SoonerCare Medicaid)

Read this in: Spanish / Español
Authored By: Oklahoma Department of Human Services


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) serves as the first line of defense against hunger. It enables low-income families to buy nutritious food with Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards. SNAP recipients spend their benefits to buy eligible food in authorized retail food stores/Farmers' Markets.

Two ways to Apply!

Am I Eligibility? You are eligible if you:

  • are a U.S. Citizen or Legal Alien

  • meet the work requirements for unemployed Adults, ages 18 to 50

  • meet Income Standard(s) shown on this document Appendix C-3 or online at this link.

  • have a Social Security Number for all householf members included in food benefit.

What Information Will I Have to Provide?

  • Proper identification (preferably a photo ID)
  • Social Security numbers for each member of your household
  • Verification of all income received by your household for at least the last 30 days. This includes pay stubs from a job, self-employment records or tax return, child support payment receipts, award letter from Social Security income, proof of unemployment benefits, money received from family or friends, and any other income received. 

Would any other information be helpful to bring or provide?
If you have any of these expenses, providing proof of them MAY increase the amount of SNAP benefits to which you are entitled:

  • Shelter (rent or house payment) and utility costs
  • Child care expenses
  • Child support payments
  • Medical expenses (if your household has an elderly or disabled member)

Are there other SNAP Programs?

  • The Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) offers low-income older citizens an opportunity to purchase fresh, locally-grown fruits, vegetables and herbs from certified farmers.
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Nutrition Education (SNAP Ed) is a partnership between Oklahoma State University- Cooperative Extension Service, the Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Oklahoma University Health Science Center, the Chickasaw Nation, and the USDA Food and Nutrition Service. The SNAP Ed provides nutrition education to food benefit recipients and other eligible low-income individuals and families.
  • The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment and Training (E&T) Program offers SNAP recipients the opportunity to gain skills, education, training or work experience. E&T is offered at no cost to the participant and helps promote employability and self-sufficiency. At this time, SNAP E&T is only offered in Oklahoma County and the contractor is Public Strategies.  SNAP E&T offers a variety of components based on the particular need and career plan chosen by the individual with help from a Navigator. These services include:
    • Job Search
    • Job Search Training
    • Job Retention Services
    • Basic Education
    • High School Equivalency
    • Vocational Training
    • Workfare

Related Links

Download the form to print

Last Review and Update: Oct 10, 2019
Back to top