Phase II of homeowner compensation from the Oklahoma Mortgage Settlement Fund is now open!

OK AG Settlement Funds

The deadline to apply is Dec. 31 for Oklahoma families who were harmed during the mortgage modification or foreclosure process with five mortgage servicers involved in the settlement.

The new phase also extends the time frame for when harm occurred to include 2012.

Get an updated form

Who can apply

  • Oklahoma residents only
  • some part of the wrongful conduct must have taken place from January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2012
  • the property involved must be your primary residence
  • the bank or servicing company wrongdoing must either be for:
    • mishandling of a homeowner's request for a modification or refinance of their
      home loan; or
    • wrongful conduct related to the foreclosure process, or
    • both.


In addition to the form you must provide copies of:

  • a complete and accurate description of the wrongdoing you allege,
  • documentation,
  • correspondence,
  • communications, and,
  • court filings.

Oklahoma was the only state to craft its own agreement with these 5 servicers:

  • Bank of America,
  • Citigroup,
  • JP Morgan Chase,
  • GMAC, and
  • Wells Fargo.


Send the form, information and copies of your documentation to:

Oklahoma Attorney General's Office
Attn: Public Protection Unit
Mortgage Settlement Claim Form
313 NE 21s t Street
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105

Federal Settlement funds

Two ways to get settlement funds

  1. The first federal settlement requires banks to work with homeowners on short sales, principle write-downs and mortgage modifications. So far, Oklahomans have received an average of $30,737 in mortgage assistance with this settlement.
  2. A second federal settlement from the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is providing direct payments of $300 to homeowners who qualify.


Two ways to get legal representation from Resolution Oklahoma Program

  1.  Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma provides free legal assistance for lower income and older Oklahomans. The program is provided by a grant from the Oklahoma Mortgage Settlement Fund.
  • Call (888) 534-5243
  1. Homeowners who do not qualify for income-based assistance through Legal Aid can apply for a voucher worth up to $5,000 in legal services through the AG’s Office.

How to get a voucher for legal services - All homeowners can apply

  • download the form here or
  • call 405) 521-2029
  • homeowners and their attorneys of choice complete the form together
  • submit the form to the AG’s Public Protection Unit for approval
    • Oklahoma Attorney General's Office
      Attn: Public Protection Unit
      Mortgage Settlement Claim Form
      313 NE 21 51 Street
      Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
  • the attorneys will provide the services needed and submit the invoices to the AG’s Office for payment after the work is complete.
  • All homeowners can apply for assistance through Resolution Oklahoma, no matter their mortgage company.

Main Treasury Federal Settlement

To access the main federal settlement, contact your mortgage servicer at one of the following numbers:

  • Bank of America: (877) 488-7814
  • Citigroup: (866) 272-4749
  • GMAC: (800) 766-4622
  • JPMorgan Chase: (866) 372-6901
  • Wells Fargo: (800) 288-3212
Last Review and Update: May 13, 2013

Looking for a LiveHelp operator...