Replacing Boat & Motor Vehicle Documents

Authored By: Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc. LSC Funded


The Oklahoma Tax Commission or a local tag agent can help you get a new title for a motor vehicle, trailer, boat, or motor home.

Replacement Title

  • Tag number or VIN number
    If you do not have a record of the tag or VIN number, contact your insurance agent.
  • Fill out the right form - Complete and notarize form 701-7
  • Take photo identification with you to the tag agent or Tax Commission so your form may be notarized. 


As of May 28, 2013, the Oklahoma Tax Commission had no information about replacement title fees being waived.  Individual tag agents may choose to waive their portion of the fee collected. 


Is your tag due for renewal?

Delinquent penalty and/or interest on motor vehicles are being waived for those impacted by the tornado. 
Contact Michelle Harrison at the OTC for more information. 1-800-522-8165

Last Review and Update: May 31, 2013

Looking for a LiveHelp operator...